Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Luv2LuvAntiques Luvs Buried Linen Treasure!



This is a surprise find from a few years ago! I purchased a 'Lot' of vintage linens on ebay. Among the linens was a barkcloth covered pillow. I thought I would remove the 1950's barkcloth pillow cover and wash it. My hubby volunteered to remove it with my seam ripper, while he watched T.V., so I could keep listing items for sale online.





I didn't list very much that night, as we both had our interest piqued, when the removal of the barkcloth cover, revealed a much older pale yellow ticking fabric beneath, possibly 1930's to 1940's!





As my hubby removed the ticking cover, the suspense was 'killing' us! Just like buried treasure...this 1924 Folk Art Pillow was revealed!





I have no idea of the value of this pillow, but I'm sure any Textile Museum would luv it! It is made with real velvet fabric pieces! As a 'vintage linen luver' I think it is priceless! I plan on passing it down in the family! :O)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my what a buried treasure...sweet...love it all...love the outer pink alot...
    Have a Blessed day
    Tonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonja, thank you for supporting my blogs! :O)

    ReplyDelete